The Afinia DLP-2100 Digital Label Press can print, die-cut and fully finish labels at up to 60 feet per minute (~18 meters per minute). This full-featured Memjet™-powered digital label press (digital label printer + digital inline finisher) is capable of laminating, die-cutting, matrix-removal, slitting and rewinding (all in a single pass) to finished rolls that are ready for product application.
Print & Finish Labels Inline
Afinia’s DLP-2100 Digital Label Press features industry-leading cost of ownership, and is perfect for higher-volume label consumers that require repeat label jobs and a small variety of predictable sizes. In-house printing and finishing labels with a digital label press helps to simplify inventory, create flexibility and reduce costs.
Print shops also use the Afinia DLP-2100 as a supplement to larger, more expensive equipment such as indigo or flexo presses or to add the capability to produce labels in house, thus allowing for faster turnaround, better quality control and more profitability on lower-volume label runs.
The DLP-2100 is able to accommodate a massive roll of material (17.3 inches or 440 mm outside diameter), which drastically reduces stock cost from converters, and greatly simplifies operation by avoiding frequent roll changeovers.
A re-registering magnetic cylinder uses easily-swappable flexible steel dies that are low in cost and can be created quickly. These dies, combined with servo-controlled motors, allow for pinpoint cutting accuracy at high speeds, even with perforations. In addition to inline print applications, the DLP-2100 can be used to convert blank labels at 60 feet per minute.
High Output for Large Brands & Print Shops
With the Afinia L901 Digital Label Printer inline, the DLP-2100 can produce more than 25,000 full-color 3″ x 4″ labels per hour. For larger brands, this makes it ideal for bringing label production in house. Print shops can offload their smaller label runs, freeing up large format presses while reducing costs and setup times. Eliminating the need to outsource labels results in faster turnaround times, greater control and flexibility, and thousands of dollars saved.
The integrated L901’s Sirius print engine by Memjet™ makes printhead maintenance possible with the web intact, allowing for uninterrupted production. In addition, it delivers industry-leading low ink costs via five (CMYKK) high-capacity cartridges.
The Complete Label-Finishing Solution
All in all, the use of high-quality electronics for logic control ensures the DLP-2100 will produce high-quality, accurate labels. When combined with back-slitters, post-slitters, dual output mandrels for easy finished roll separation, and an easy to navigate touchscreen control panel, the DLP-2100 is the complete solution to your laminating and die-cutting requirements.
- Fast & affordable flexible steel dies
- Very fast inline finishing (up to 12 IPS or 60 feet per minute)
- Memjet™-powered Afinia L901 Color Label Printer included
- Best for repeat jobs & converting blank labels
What’s in the Box
- Afinia L901 Label Printer
- Power Cable
- USB Cable
- Ethernet Cable
- One Set of Afinia L901/CP950 CMYKK Ink Cartridges (250 mL each)
- Afinia L901/CP950 Printhead
- Ink Drip Tray
- Installation Disc
- Quick Setup Guide
- Semi-Rotary 15″ RotoMetrics® Cylinder (accepts flexible dies between 5.0″ & 12.0″ in length)
- First Die Made to Specification
- Integrated 19″ Outside Diameter Roll Feeder
- Slitting Station
- Five Slitting Blades
- Two Back Slitters (for trimming outer edges)
- Laminate Liner Rewinder
- Two hours of live web-based user training from Afinia Label
Compatible Accessories & Supplies
- L901/CP950 Printhead (28025)
- L901/CP950 Black Ink Cartridge (26730)
- L901/CP950 Cyan Ink Cartridge (26723)
- L901/CP950 Magenta Ink Cartridge (26716)
- L901/CP950 Yellow Ink Cartridge (26709)