With its compact and robust design, the Epson ColorWorks C4000 Label Printer was created by Epson as a replacement upgrade to the rugged and dependable Epson ColorWorks C3500. Featuring print speeds up to 4.0″ per second4, a full-color LCD screen and up to 1200 x 1200 dpi print resolution, the Epson CW-C4000 produces crisp photo-quality color images for both cost and inventory reductions comparable to pre-printed labels. The upgraded print engine is equivalent to the quality of the Epson ColorWorks C6000/C6500 series, which includes the popular Epson ColorWorks C6000A and Epson ColorWorks C6500A color label printers. Likewise, the Epson ColorWorks C4000 Inkjet Label Printer delivers on-demand, color labels at a comparable price to black-and-white thermal transfer printers2.
Receive a $200 discount when you purchase $200+ of blank labels with the purchase of an Epson ColorWorks C4000 Label Printer. This discount is automatically applied to your cart once these conditions are met.
Epson C4000 Gloss vs. Matte
The Epson ColorWorks C4000 Label Printer series uses highly durable pigment-based inks with both gloss and matte versions available to best suit your specific labeling needs. The Gloss Ink Edition (C31CK03A9991) version of this printer uses Gloss Black Ink capable of printing on a wider variety of substrates with various finishes such as glossy, matte, plain and more. The Matte Ink Edition (C31CK03A9981) version of this printer uses Matte Black Ink which offers darker, sharper black text and images when printed on matte, textured and plain media only. Both gloss and matte versions use the same color ink cartridges, and have been BS5609 certified5.
Still unsure which version is best for your labeling application? Test and compare the differences by requesting free printed sample labels here.
Epson-engineered PrecisionCore® TFP® printhead technology delivers ultra sharp text and precise barcodes. Coupled with a 1200 x 1200 dpi resolution, this printhead technology produces varying droplet sizes that can produce smooth gradations, fine image details and a huge gamut of vibrant, accurate colors. Whether the challenge is to produce complex informational labels or high-quality color product labels, the Epson ColorWorks C4000 is certainly up to the challenge.
ESC/Label & ZPL II Interface Languages
ZPL II capabilities allow you to experience the advantages of Epson inkjet technology without reprogramming existing systems. ESC/Label command extensions can be added to unlock the power of color. Leverage color for product pictures, logos, color-coded fields and marketing messages to improve overall brand image and business process.
Remote Management Tools
Epson designed the Epson ColorWorks C4000 Label Printer with large enterprise environments in mind. A wide range of powerful remote management tools allow IT and support teams to easily manage a fleet of Epson label printers on a network. Some of the capabilities of these management tools include the ability to remotely configure printer settings and deploy firmware updates, set up complex network environments, and generate automatic alerts and usage reports of devices and consumables.
Affordable Warranties & Reliable Support
Backed by industry-leading service and support, and low-cost replacement and extended depot warranty options offer by Epson for up to 5 years, the Epson C4000 can be a reliable, worthwhile investment for years to come. Moreover, Texas Label Printers includes complimentary technical support and setup assistance with all label printer purchases.
- Compact, robust design — water-resistant and dust-resistant for high-duty-cycle environments; ideal for commercial use and smaller workspaces
- Reliable — engineered by Epson for demanding applications
- Support — backed by Epson’s industry-leading service and support
- Versatile Ink Types — both gloss and matte versions available to best suit labeling applications
- Enhanced productivity — eliminate the need to pre-print; print speeds up to 4″ per second4; fast time to first label
- Easy to operate — full-color LCD screen; automatic Nozzle Verification Technology; Windows driver; fast media and ink loading
- Durable, high-quality color labels — both gloss and matte versions meet BS5609 certification5
- Exceptional image quality — crisp photo-quality images comparable to pre-printed labels; print resolution up to 1200 dpi with variable droplet sizes
- Seamless integration — compatible with ZPL II, major middleware, SAP, Windows®, Mac® and Linux (does not include general-purpose I/O or GPIO port)
- Remote printer management — for managing large fleets over the network
- Auto cutter included — ideal for fast, on-demand applications
- Low cost — comparable to existing thermal transfer printers2
- Optional Wi-Fi connectivity1 — print from compatible devices3
What’s in the Box
- Epson ColorWorks TM-C4000 Label Printer
- AC Adapter
- AC Cable
- USB Cable
- One Set of Full-Capacity Epson ColorWorks C4000 CMYK Ink Cartridges
- Epson SJMB4000 Maintenance Box
- Sample Paper Label Roll
- Safety Standards & Approvals
- Start Here Poster
- Download Manuals, Drivers, Firmware & Utilities from Epson
Helpful Tip: Epson states that when using the printer for the first time, the replacement interval for the maintenance box is shorter than usual as ink charging consumes the ink. This is why Texas Label Printers recommends that customers also purchase an additional maintenance box and an additional set of ink cartridges at the time of purchase.
Compatible Accessories & Supplies
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Gloss Black Ink Cartridge (SJIC41P-BK)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Matte Black Ink Cartridge (SJIC41P-MK)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Cyan Ink Cartridge (SJIC41P-C)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Magenta Ink Cartridge (SJIC41P-M)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Yellow Ink Cartridge (SJIC41P-Y)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Maintenance Box (SJMB4000)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 WiFi Dongle (OT-WL06-321)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Label Exit Tray (OT-PT40)
- Epson ColorWorks C4000 Replacement Auto Cutter (OT-CU40)
- DPR Large Capacity Rewinder for Epson ColorWorks C4000 & C3500
- DPR Large Capacity Unwinder for Epson ColorWorks C4000 & C3500
- DPR Rewinder/Unwinder Alignment Plate for Epson ColorWorks C4000 & C3500
- DPR Roll-to-Roll System for Epson ColorWorks C4000 & C3500
Important: This product is not eligible for return once the manufacturer’s original packaging has been opened, thus making it important that you review our return policy prior to purchasing. We recommend that all prospective buyers request free printed sample labels to ensure that the print quality of the labels printed by this printer meets their expectations. Products are still fully covered under the manufacturer’s warranty should there be an issue with the product itself.
1 With optional WiFi Dongle OT-WL06-321 (sold separately).
2 Printers and consumable costs are similar when comparing similarly featured leading brand thermal transfer printers and supplies for similar high-durability images on similar media.
3 Most features require an Internet connection to the printer, as well as an Internet- and/or email enabled device.
4 Printing in Max Speed Mode, 300 × 600 dpi resolution, 4″ (101.6 mm) print width. Print speeds are based on the print engine speed only. Total throughput time for any label depends on factors including label size, file size, print resolution, speed of data transmission, etc.
5 ColorWorks CW-C4000 inkjet printer with UltraChrome® DL pigment ink, used in combination with Neenah Kimdura™ poly media, has been BS-5609 certified.